Foreclosure Help for NC
This is a re-post of a previous blog entry. Based on the number of people I am meeting looking for loan modifications it is worth having as a separate page. I’ll update it with client experiences and hopefully success stories.
According to the Business Journal, “Since North Carolina’s “Foreclosure Project” went into action, the initiation of foreclosure proceedings has declined by nearly 50 percent across the state. Foreclosures statewide from Jan. 1 through Feb. 28 numbered 5,324, down by 47 percent from the 10,135 filed during a comparable period in 2008″.
Foreclosure Prevention Resources
- Facing Foreclosure Brochure
- Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP)
Designed to enable borrowers that meet eligibility requirements to avoid foreclosure by modifying loans to a level that is affordable for borrowers and sustainable for the long-term.
- Second Lien Modification Program (2MP)
Designed to enable borrowers struggling with their mortgage to lower payments on second mortgages.
- Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternatives Program (HAFA)
Provides borrowers that do not qualify for a HAMP modification with options to avoid foreclosure through a short sale or deed-in-lieu.
- Treasury FHA Home Affordable Modification Program (Treasury FHA-HAMP)
Designed to enable borrowers with FHA-insured first lien mortgage loans, that are modified under FHA-HAMP, eligible for certain incentive payments under HAMP.
- All Programs Supplemental Directives Listing
- Supplemental Directives are program guidelines developed specifically for servicers to provide additional guidance and clarify issues that may not have been fullyaddressed by previous guideline documents
Foreclosure Counseling Agencies – Wake County
Consumer Education Services, Inc
3801 Lake Boone Trl
Raleigh, NC 27607-2972
(919) 785-0725 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (919) 785-0725 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
Raleigh Area Development Authority
4030 Wake Forest Rd
Raleigh, NC 27609-6800
(919) 807-8400 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (919) 807-8400 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
5560 Munford Rd, Ste 201
Raleigh, NC 27612-2621
(919) 239-8156 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (919) 239-8156